Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trouble Maker By Janet and Alex Evanovich

Troublemaker Book 1: Alex Barnaby Series 3Title: Trouble Maker: Book One, A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel

Author: Janet and Alex Evanovich

Why I Read This Book: Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors of all time, and I read the first two books in this series, so I had to read this one too!

Where I Got It: Public Library, of course!

Rating: B/C

First, let me explain that a Graphic Novel is a Comic book, in case some of you weren't sure. Also, I had mentioned above that I read the first two books in this series, but the title says Book One. The first two books in the series are actual books, not graphic novels. This is the first in the series that's a graphic novel. Basically, it's a new series with the same story line/characters!

This was actually a cute, light read. It's about two people named Alex Barnaby, and Sam Hooker who are constantly caught up in different fighting crime situations that consists of lots of danger, mayhem, stress, chaos, panic and disorder. Alex is an automacanic, and Sam is a racecar driver -- so you can imagine how these two met. Well, in this book, Alex and Sam's friends, Rosa and Felicia are caught up in some sort of Black Magic Voodoo Cult, and Rosa has gone missing. So, Alex and Sam set out to find Rosa, while running into a bunch of trouble along the way. Things like an exploding voodoo doll, gift-wrapped body parts, etc.

So, on to the rating of this book. It was a great little book. I was a little ify when I first heard about this book, because I didn't think I'd enjoy it much, being a graphic novel. But it was actually quite good. And the graphics are amazing. It shows exactly what the characters are thinking, just by the expressions on their faces. However, I know some of you are thinking, "What exactly is a B/C rating?" Well, I just recently changed to the letter grade rating system because I feel in most cases, it works better. But, I did have one issue with the book that led me to wanting to give it a C: It ended so quickly and abruptly that it made me kinda annoyed! I understand it's a graphic novel, so it's not meant to be a huge book, but I felt like the way it ended was a little too, what's the word? Too... I can't think of a good word, but it left me feeling super anxious for the next graphic novel. I know that was Janet's intention all along, but still! So, I have to wait until November 2010 for the next book! So, I was thinking that if I did still do the star rating, it would get a 4.5 stars, not quite 4, not quite 5... so, that's where the B/C rating comes in. Not quite a B, but not quite a C!

I do suggest that you all add this to your TBR list as a quick read. You'll probably finish it within 20 minutes, but it's just something cute, fun and something to giggle at!

Enjoy!



[[ I didn't add the graphic for my rating at the bottom of this post, because of the 'weird' B/C combo!]]

No comments:

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...