Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Made Me Cry!

I know, I know, I'm a day late posting this! But I was busy yesterday and didn't have the time (or I was just slacking). But, a day late is better than never!!!!


In case you aren't aware of what Top Ten Tuesday is, here's a brief description: 


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at the other blog that I participate in called  The Broke and the Bookish.

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can! 


So, without further ado, here is my list!


TOP TEN BOOKS THAT MADE ME CRY

1.) Above the Line Series: Take Four by Karen Kingsbury- Almost every single book shes ever written has made me tear up at least once, but this book made me bawl like a little baby. It's the fourth book in this series, but it made me cry harder than any other book in this series, or that she's written.

2.) My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult- Who hasn't cried from reading this book? It was actually the first book I'd ever read by Jodi, and probably the first book to ever make me cry. It's so heartbreaking, yet you just can't turn away. The movie didn't make me cry as hard/as much, only because I had read the book so I knew what was going to happen. But it's definitely a tear-jerker! 

3.) The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf- This book made me cry so much because I think it scared me. How would you feel to be forced into silence and scared for the rest of your life by someone you're suppose to look up to? Especially at such a young age. I felt for that little girl like I've never felt for a character before! 

4.) Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury- I just HAD to add this one on here. It's about a love lost, and trying to find yourself and/or to find that love again.. whether it's with the person you loved in the beginning, or with someone new. My boyfriend (who I was with for 7 years) and I had just broken up and this ENTIRE book was EXACTLY how I was feeling. So, as you can probably guess.. I bawled like a little baby through-out the entire book.

5.) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- This wasn't one of my all time favorite books ever read, and in all honesty I probably wouldn't read it again. However, it did make me cry numerous times. How could you live a life like that, especially knowing when certain tragedies were going to happen. I don't think I could be a wife to someone who randomly disappeared, and not know when, or if, they'd return. 

6.) Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah - This book made me cry a couple different times. Mostly just because of the relationship that every character had towards one another, and how much I wished it could be a better one. I don't want to say too much, but I think I can say this... The "cold-hearted" relationship that the mother and daughter had just broke my heart. I can't even begin to imagine having a bad relationship with my mom. It just broke my heart for this daughter. 

7.) Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett- I'm almost positive that 90% of you have never heard of this book. It was a random book that I had just picked up off of the shelf. This one didn't necessarily make me cry, but my eyes did tear up a few days. It's about a troubled girl trying to find her way through life without a mentor, or some guidance. It makes you wonder just how many people really are like that out there. It was just a sad story. 

8.) IraqiGirl- This was a diary of a teenaged girl in Iraq who was writing in her diary about what it was like living in a war and they turned it into a book. There was multiple times I cried during this book. I mostly cried because it was so heartbreaking to know how you were living in the war, losing friends and family daily. I couldn't do it. 

9.) Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright - This is definitely on the list! I cried almost through out this entire book. I don't want to say too much because it'll give the book away. But this book is about a husband who writes his wife letters every Wednesday. It's an amazing book that you MUST read! 





Sadly, I couldn't come up with a 10th one. Maybe I'll think of one and add it to the list later. But, I hope you enjoyed my 9 books that made me cry!!

Don't forget to join in on the fun (even if it's a day or two late!) and head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to sign the linky.

Did you have any of the books I listed, on your list? Please comment and let me know!

No comments:

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...