Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Love Of Books

Hi everyone! After finding some new and awesome book blogs out there via the Book Blog Hop, I came across this persons blog and she had an entry up about her reading story. How much she loved books, the things she remembers growing up, etc. It inspired me to post my own reading story! After reading mine and leaving comments about your reading story, head on over to her BLOG HERE and read hers!



Growing up, I don't really remember my parents reading to me. And, I don't remember being TAUGHT how to read. I just remember that I had numerous books that were my favorite, and I would read them. Over and over and over again.

I lived in a very small town here in Michigan, with a population of about 500 or so. We had a very small Carnegie Library. It didn't have a whole lot of book choices, but that didn't seem to matter to me. I'd go in there and spend HOURS looking at the little kids books. I remember reading all of the Full House: Stephanie books, (my name IS Stephany! Haha), and getting the Little House on the Prairie books as well.

We had this small grocery store in a town about 10 minutes next to us, and when we'd go there, we'd always go down the little kid/toy aisle because they had sections of books that I loved! Do you all remember the golden books? They're the little books with the golden spine? I loved those books! We'd always buy one of those!

Some of my other favorite kids books were The Bernstein Bears! I was collecting all of those when I was younger. I now wonder what happened to them all? I also collected Little Critter books! When/if I ever have children of my own, I want to buy all of my childhood favorites for them!

I remember one of my all time favorite books as a little kid was a book about counting. It had a big as the main character too. I want to say the name of it was Little Pig's Counting Book. Although, I can't seem to find it on any of the book stores websites, or anything. I'd love to get my hands on that book. I do remember my Mom reading that to me, before I could read well myself.

It's so amazing to think about to when I was a little girl and all of the books I had, and the books I read. I remember when I was 6 years old, I finished my very first chapter book. I wish that I knew the name of it, so I could read it again!!! Haha. I woke up during the night to finish reading it. It was like 2am and I woke my Mom up and said, "I just finished reading my book!" She was happy and a little angry all at the same time. It was 2am after all! Haha.

At my school, we had a book fair every year. We could buy books before, and after school. We also were able to go down as a class during the week, once a week during the book fair to buy books. I remember seeing a book down there called "Somebody and the Three Blair's". This book was a MUST in my household, because it was our last name!

We also had this other thing at school, where we got to go into a room and pick out ONE FREE book during the year. I loved this time too!!

So, as you can see, I can remember as far back as a little thing reading books! I don't know how I learned to read, or why I loved books so much, but I did! And I still do!

That's my story on my love of books, and how I've read so many since I was a little girl!

What is your story on loving books?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of thinking back to my own reading story--I may have to come up with a post about it!

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...