Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer


Title: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella

Author: Stephenie Meyer

Where I Got This Book: From the library, of course!

Why I Read This Book: My roommates and I were having a Twilight Saga movie night (No, we aren't obsessed, promise!) and we were talking about the movies, and how they pertain to the books. My roommate had mentioned Stephenie had another book out in the series, so I checked it out!

Rating: 5 stars!

If I honestly had to pick the order in which I liked the Twilight Saga series the best, I think I'd have a hard time! Especially since I read this book now, too!

This book is actually an extended-like book off of the book Eclipse. Stephenie intended this to be a short story that would be inserted into an Eclipse type guide magazine, but the story ended up being 200 or so pages long, so she had to make it an actual book/novella!

If you've seen Eclipse and/or read the book, then you know who Bree Tanner is. She's a new born vampire who comes into Eclipse as an character. However, we don't really learn WHY or HOW she became this new born vampire, so this novelalla explains her life story.

It starts off in the beginning of her 'career' as a vampire. Where she's staying, how she hunts, etc. And it goes into her becoming fast friends with a fellow new born vampire (who is a little bit 'older' than she is) and they end up telling each other exactly how they became vampires to begin with.

I don't want to give too much of the story away, because I don't want to ruin it for those who have not read this book, Eclipse, or seen any of the movies. Or even read the first two Twilight saga books!

If you have read this Saga, or intend to, I highly suggest you add this to your to-be-read lists ASAP! It's a great book, it's entertaining, interesting, and alluring. It makes you wonder if the facts are actually true, or if they're fiction. The only down fall I would say about this book, it wasn't long enough. I didn't want it to end, and I wished it went on for at LEAST another 100 or so pages!

Now, run out RIGHT NOW and get this book!!


No comments:

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...