Sunday, August 1, 2010

Above The Line - Take Four by Karen Kingsbury



Title: Above The Line Series, Take Four

Author: Karen Kingsbury

Published by: Zondervan

Where I Got This Book: I actually won this book on Karen's Facebook page, when she did a contest. However, I would have read it even if I didn't win it!

Why I Read This: Karen is one of my all time favorite authors, and I had already read the first three in the series!


Rating: 5+ Stars


First of all, I know I've said this in a recent posting, but I have since changed my mind. This is by far the best book I've read, all summer! Actually, no, this is the best book I've read all YEAR. So far, anyways!

You know you're reading a fantastic book, by a fantastic author when he/she can make you laugh, cry, get angry, etc. That is exactly how I felt through out this book.

This book is the fourth book in a series by Karen. It's a series about two missionary, Christian guys who decide they want to take their talents of speaking about God, and how wonderfully powerful he is, and make films about Christianity and how it can change ones life. Take Four is the last book in the series, and it brings together the first three books into the most powerfully written book of all time. On the cover of the book it says: "A story of hope, heartbreak, and the search for happy endings." And that's exactly what this book is.

While reading this book/series, you're going to get the feel of many different characters. However, almost every character in this book (and there are a lot) is essential, and meaningful to make the book as good as it is. It shows to the readers how a REAL family, who has God in their life, should be. They have family get togethers frequently, they pray as a family, and they're there for each other, no matter what. They understand that people mess up, and make mistakes, they never judge or leave your side.

I'm not trying to ramble on in this post, but I'm trying to tell you what you need to know in order to want to read this book, without giving too much away. However, I do suggest you start with the first book in the series, Above the line series Take One.

As I mentioned, this book/series is about two missonaries who start their own production company, and start making life changing movies. These books talk about how life can throw you ups and downs, but God always finds a way to make everything right. Karen has colaborated quite a few characters into this book from other books/series that she's written. Characters by the name of Bailey Flanagain and her family, Cody Coleman (her long time crush), and of course, the entire Baxter Family. Every character in this series/book, makes you feel like you KNOW them in real life, like you're apart of their families. While these missionaries are creating these life changing films, they've asked the most popular actor in the movie business to star in their Christan film called, Unlocked. This actor is named Brandon Paul, and in this book, he's the Edward Cullen and Jacob Black of our world! Brandon is a trouble making, out of control actor who swears up and down at this film, and anyone involved in it, will not make him a bible believing Christian. By God, and those around him have other hopes and plans! Also in this book/series you're going to find the trials and tribulations that a Christan girl going off to college for the first time might go through, how the "real" world can change someone even who has a strong background and faith, into someone who does things they shouldn't be doing.

I highly recommend this book/series to anyone who is interested in Christian liteature, inspirational writing, and/or anyone who just wants to feel amazing after reading a book.

I laughed, and I got angry at the characters, I yelled at the book, and I cried. I cried happy tears, emotional tears, etc. If you've got a heart at all, and you read this, I highly suggest you have a box of tissues near by. Especially towards the end.

All of Karen Kingsbury's books feel you feeling GREAT after reading them. You know shes a powerful, life changing author when she can make you feel like a brand new person after finishing one of her books.

So, with that said. I give this book, and the entire series, 5+ stars!

Please visit Karen's site by clicking here to learn more about her, and her books. Also, join her facebook page by clicking here, or the link at the beginning of this post!!




No comments:

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...