Sunday, October 17, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Title: Catching Fire

Author: Suzanne Collins

Where I Got It: The library

Why I Read it: Because I read the first book, and have heard so much about this series, I had to check it out myself.

Rating: B

This book actually seemed to be a little bit better from the get-go then the first one did. I still don't think it's the BEST series, and don't really see the hype over it. But, with that said, I'm not totally disappointed and may recommend it to others.

In case you haven't heard of this book/series, he's a brief description on what it's about:

First of all, the first book, The Hunger Games, is about this game that the country of Panem puts on. 2 people from each of the 12 districts have to compete against each other in an arena, with limited food, shelter and water supply to become the Victor so their family has food, a nice place to stay, and plenty of other things the the districts lacks. Katniss and Peeta were the chosen from District 12. Well, in Catching Fire, Katniss and Peeta are forced to compete in yet another hunger game called the Quarter Quell. It's where all of the current living Victors in each district compete to be the Victor again. Well, from the last Hunger Game, the Capital is angry. They're out to seek revenge, and some of the other districts have started an uprising. So, Peeta and Katniss fight until the end to become one of the living Victors, and to stop the revenge of the Capital. 

I think what I enjoyed most about this book was the fact that it had a lot of drama and shocking events happening through out the book in the right moments. I actually loved how the book ended. The ending is probably the best part of the book, and does make you want to run out right now to get the third, and final book, of the series. I'm just glad that I started reading this series now, so I didn't have to wait for the third book to come out like a lot of people did.

This book is shocking, sad, heartbreaking, scary, and interesting all rolled into one. I only found myself bored in maybe one or two spots, but it quickly picked up and changed. I do recommend this book/series. But you definitely need to read the first book in order to understand this book!

I give this book:

1 comment:

Lawrence Bishop said...

I enjoyed reading thhis

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...