Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Fault In Our Star by John Green

Title: The Fault In Our Stars

Author: John Green

Where I Got It: A friend of mine bought it, and I asked to borrow it

Why I Read It: I have heard so much about it, read so many reviews, and with the movie coming out in a few days, I just needed to read it

Rating: 5 book marks




Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love. [[ Blurb from barnesandnoble.com ]] 


Amazing. Stupendous. Brilliant. Marvelous.

There are not enough words in the world to explain how great this book was. In fact, this book was so good, I am not sure that I can write a good enough review on the book to even give it justice.

I can tell you this: If you have seen the movie trailer, you know the movie looks just as good. However, I suggest you definitely read the book before you see the movie. Not only because 9 times out of 10 the book is always better, but also because the book is just that good!

I absolutely loved the characters. Augustus was a true gentlemen. Nowadays, you do not find too many guys like Augustus. No offense, guys. He found someone who he found attractive, and saw passed her sickness. I found myself routing for him to keep winning Hazel over. I really loved Hazel too. She was this laid back, shy, kept to herself girl who let herself open her heart to Augustus, even though she knew having cancer could put an end to both of their new found happiness.

There were a few other characters in the story, Isaac and another friend of Hazel's. Neither of them were discusses a whole lot, but I did enjoy Isaac's character as well. He was a nerd and well, who doesn't love nerds?

Something else that I loved about the book, it wasn't really predictable like some books are. I honestly, 100 percent did not expect to happen, what did. I of course won't tell you what it is so I don't spoil it for you, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised too.

Close to the end of the book, I felt like it was being rushed a bit, but that changed after a few chapters and things were being explained better and made more sense and I no longer got that rushed feeling that I feel with a lot of different author's books.

Honestly, my only "complaint" (which really isn't a complaint) is that I did not necessarily like how it ended. The ending was abrupt. However, I think I know why. It is hard for me to give you a reason without giving too much away, so I won't say. But if you read the book, you will know why.

Overall though, it is an amazing book. Hands down the best book I have read so far this year.



John Green's Facebook
John Green's Website

Twitter: @realjohngreen

Where to buy:

Amazon
Barnes and Noble




No comments:

New Blog

Hello followers! First, let me say sorry yet again that I have not been very active on my blog site. The reason for that is because I have...